Benefit Brokerage RFP
Request for Proposal: Benefit Brokerage for AYS, Inc.
4701 N. Keystone Avenue, Suite 475
Indianapolis, IN 46205
317-283-3817 ext. 135
1. Summary and Background
At Your School (AYS, Inc.) is a nonprofit, leading out-of-school time provider in central Indiana. For 40 years, AYS has served working families in the community, providing parents with the freedom to focus on their careers while their kids receive the academic and social-emotional support they need when school is not in session. AYS partners with school districts to operate high-quality before- and after-school programs, whole day programs, break camps, summer camps, emergency pop-up programs, and e-learning programs within school buildings. At AYS, kids get help with their e-learning and homework, time with their friends, plenty of physical activity, and healthy snacks. Currently, AYS serves families in over 30 schools throughout Marion County and surrounding areas.
AYS, Inc. is seeking written proposals for an insurance brokerage firm to provide Employee Benefit Brokerage. There are 105 full time and part time employees currently with the anticipation of up to 150 employees at the start of the school year. AYS will invite the top three interested and qualified brokers/consultants who have demonstrated their ability at comparable work to a virtual presentation.
2. Project Description
AYS, Inc. Is looking for a benefit brokerage firm that is licensed to do business in Indiana to provide a full range of services to help provide exceptional benefits to employees and support to the human resources department. The chosen brokerage firm will administer group insurance plans, provide support and guidance to employees with specific questions on plan coverage, and assist in complying with laws and regulations related to employee benefits.
3. Current Programs Offered by AYS
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and AD & D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
4. Scope of Features & Functions
AYS, Inc. is seeking a broker to perform the full range of services related to the design, implementation, maintenance, communication, and improvement of AYS, Inc.’s group medical insurance programs. This includes, but not limited to:
- Assist the Human Resources Department in administering all group insurance plans, responding to questions from and providing information to staff, and providing other consulting services during the course of the plan year.
- Assist AYS, Inc. in complying with laws and regulations related to employee benefits.
- Review claims experience, claim service, and claim administration to ensure maximum benefit to AYS, Inc.
- Determine and recommend the most economical funding methods for the benefit programs and strike a balance between cost and comprehensiveness of the programs.
- Develop a solicitation/negotiation strategy and participate with AYS, Inc. in all negotiations with providers on all issues including those related to premiums, benefit levels, plan design, and special terms and conditions.
- Meet and provide reports to various AYS, Inc. representatives including Human Resources and Finance.
- Assist AYS, Inc. with the implementation and communication of new programs or changes to existing programs, which will include attending and presenting information at Open Enrollment meetings.
- Research any new developments in the law and employee benefit programs on an ongoing basis.
- As requested by AYS, Inc., prepare bid specifications and solicit proposals from insurance markets which specialize in group insurance plans as needed. Evaluate bids and bidders, including administration, coverage, claim payment procedures, customer service, networks, reserve establishment policies, financial soundness, and identify the most cost-beneficial package from among the various bidders.
- Interface with insurance carriers as needed to assist AYS, Inc. in the resolution of problems associated with benefits programs.
- Provides all other customary insurance broker functions not explicitly stated above.
5. Proposal Guidelines
All brokerage firms submitting a proposal must:
- be licensed to do business in Indiana,
- have the expertise, licenses and resources to provide Employee Benefit broker/consulting services for AYS, Inc.’s current and future operations,
- consistently maintain and allocate sufficient staffing resources to provide timely service for AYS, Inc.’s Employee Benefit broker/consulting services needs,
- maintain staff that are qualified and available to provide specialized technical expertise in various disciplines as necessary.
Respondents may not contact the insurance marketplace nor discuss our account with underwriters until we have made our final broker selection.
6. Preparation of Costs
AYS, Inc. shall not be responsible for proposal preparation costs, nor for the cost, including attorney fees associated with any administrative, judicial or other type of challenge to the determination of the selected proposer and/or award of the contract and/or rejection of the proposal. By submitting a proposal, each respondent agrees to be bound in the respect and waives all claims to such costs and fees.
7. Evaluation Criteria
AYS, Inc. will evaluate the submitted proposals based on the attached rubric to narrow providers to the top three. Each of the top three will be invited to virtually present to a selection committee the week of June 21, 2021.
The RFP timeline is as follows:
- RFP distribution: May 21, 2021
- RFP submission: June 11, 2021 by 5:00pm
- Notification of shortlisted providers: June 16, 2021
- Provider presentations: June 22 & 23, 2021
- Provider selection: June 25, 2021
- Contract signed: July 16, 2021
8. Submission Guidelines
Proposals must be submitted in PDF form to email@example.com by June 11, 2021 at 5:00pm. Include “Benefit Brokerage Proposal: AYS, Inc.” in the subject line and include your business name and contact information in the body of the message. Please provide an overview of the account team that will be assigned to AYS, Inc. Provide a summary of experience, their roles and distribution of responsibilities for each team member. Please include a list of attributes that make you a valuable strategic partner for AYS, Inc. For all questions and inquiries, please contact Angela McGinley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One half hour appointment per provider may be scheduled the week of May 24th and May 31st for detailed discussion and to answer any questions. Please email Angela McGinley to schedule. No meetings will be scheduled the week of June 7, 2021.
Each selected finalist will be evaluated with consideration given to how they best meet the needs of AYS, Inc. and oral presentation. The organization that best matches AYS, Inc.’s objectives will be selected.
We have outlined what is most important to AYS, Inc. In the chart below. Please provide your responses in how you would handle or approach each category.
BENEFIT BROKERAGE SELECTION RUBRIC
|Demonstrates success and experience in providing comprehensive Brokerage/Insurance platform to multi-site business. Licensed to do business in Indiana.||5|
|Describe specific examples of dedication to excellent customer service. Success of retaining clients||20|
|HR Compliance||Providers provide required compliance updates for HR, EEOC, employment, law, etc. Seminars, webinars, etc. to provide additional resources and education for HR staff.||20|
|Benefits Management||Be able to administer all group insurance plans, respond to questions from and providing information to staff, and provide other consulting services during the course of the plan year.||20|
|Transition and Implementation Plans||Provider details and offers its specific plan to move AYS into their systems||10|
|Cost||Itemized and detailed implementation and on-going operational costs. This is to include fee schedule for all services recommended and any optional programs and fees.||15|
|Presentation||Response and presentation requirements met and well-developed||5|
|Executive Choice||Ranking of provider by Human Resources departments||5|
|TOTAL POINTS AVAILABLE||100|