Support for Essential Employees
Support for Essential Employees During COVID-19
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve within our community, and as the need for essential employees increases, it is becoming increasingly difficult for these everyday superheroes to find a safe place to take their children. In these times of need, we want to do everything we can to provide a safe environment for essential employees to take their children while they focus on saving the lives of others and providing the necessary services for our community to survive. Thanks to generous funding from the Central Indiana COVID-19 Community Economic Relief Fund (C-CERF) and our partners at the United Way of Central Indiana, the City of Indianapolis, and Indianapolis Public Schools, AYS is offering safe and enriching programs for children of essential employees during this trying time.
When: Monday-Friday from 6:00am-8:00pm
Ages: 5-12 years
Price*: $50/day per child. No registration fee.
*Financial aid available. Some employers will cover this cost. Check with yours for eligibility.
Program Components: Support with e-learning assignments, social and emotional learning (related to COVID-19), active play, enrichment opportunities, and engaging activities
Meals: Breakfast and lunch provided by IPS; afternoon snack and dinner provided by Side Street Catering
Where: Broad Ripple High School, 1115 Broad Ripple Ave., Indianapolis, IN, 46220
Drop-off Location: Door 13 (south entrance of building)
Contact Info: Dene Nichols, email@example.com, (317) 432-7773
Daily Safety Precautions
AYS understands the importance of social distancing and maintaining a clean program during this critical time. Therefore, we will be taking extra precautions to protect your children from COVID-19. We will continue to work with key health partners and will be constantly reviewing the most up-to-date information to ensure our program policies and procedures are correct. To help you understand what we are doing to keep your children safe, please see some of our daily precautions below:
- Medical professionals will be on site
- Each child will receive a daily wellness check before entering the building
- Children will play in small groups of 10 or less with one staff member to maintain 6-feet social distancing guidelines
- Each group will be separated by at least 10 feet
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of tabletops, chairs, doorknobs, toys and other surfaces that children touch the most
- Public touch points such as entry/exit handles, hallway rails, bathrooms, etc. will be cleaned and sanitized twice a day
- Children will be separated as much as possible during meal/snack times
- Children will not be drinking directly from drinking fountains, but will use these fountains to fill up their personal water bottles