Support for Essential Workers
Support for Essential Workers During COVID-19
In these times of need, we want to do everything we can to provide a safe environment for essential workers to take their children while they focus on saving the lives of others and providing the necessary services for our community to survive. Thanks to generous funding from the C-CERF Fund and our partners at the United Way of Central Indiana, the City of Indianapolis, and Indianapolis Public Schools, AYS is offering safe and enriching programs for children of essential workers during this time.
When: Monday-Friday from 6:00am-8:00pm through May 29
Ages: 5-12 years
Price: Pricing varies, as your employer may cover some of this cost. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. More details provided during registration.
Program Components: Support with e-learning assignments, social and emotional learning (related to COVID-19), active play, enrichment opportunities, and engaging activities
Locations (click on a location below for site-specific info)
*Due to unforeseen circumstances, we will no longer be operating at ITOWN Church.*
Daily Safety Precautions
AYS understands the importance of social distancing and maintaining a clean program during this critical time. Therefore, we will be taking extra precautions to protect your children from COVID-19. We will continue to work with key health partners and will be constantly reviewing the most up-to-date information to ensure our program policies and procedures are correct. To help you understand what we are doing to keep your children safe, please see some of our daily precautions below:
- Medical professionals will be on site
- Each child will receive a daily wellness check before entering the building
- Children will play in small groups of 10 or less with one staff member to maintain 6-feet social distancing guidelines
- Each group will be separated by at least 10 feet
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of tabletops, chairs, doorknobs, toys and other surfaces that children touch the most
- Public touch points such as entry/exit handles, hallway rails, bathrooms, etc. will be cleaned and sanitized twice a day
- Children will be separated as much as possible during meal/snack times
- Children will not be drinking directly from drinking fountains, but will use these fountains to fill up their personal water bottles
Click here for more COVID-19 community resources
Questions about temporary after-hours or overnight care? Please call the Brighter Futures Indiana support line at 1-800-299-1627 or visit brighterfuturesindiana.org to complete an online chat with a representative.