Essential Employees Parent Info
A staff member will be stationed at the door during key drop-off and pick-up times. If you are not arriving during key drop-off times of 6:00am-10:00am or key pick-up times of 4:30pm-6:30pm, please call ahead to notify that you are on your way so that staff can prepare to safely check your child before they enter the program. Please remain in your vehicle as much as possible during drop-off/pick-up to socially distance yourself from others.
Drop-off (Car Rider Line):
- Please have your child wash his/her hands and check their temperature immediately prior to getting into your vehicle and heading to the program site
- Upon arrival at the program site and before your child exits the vehicle, an AYS staff member or IPS/Health Department staff member will ask you to verbally answer the following question: Has your child or any member of your household experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Anyone entering the program (children, staff, parents, etc.) will be required to go through a health screen. A designated AYS manager or IPS school nurse will screen everyone before they enter the program. This screening will check for symptoms such as fever (over 100.4 degrees), sore throat, cough, gastrointestinal problems (diarrhea or vomiting), nasal congestion not due to seasonal allergies, shortness of breath. If any of these symptoms are present in anyone, or if anyone has been exposed to anyone with recognized or suspected COVID-19, this person will NOT be permitted to enter the building. Each parent will need to wait for an “all clear” prior to leaving their child at the program. Once allowed entrance into the building, each person will be directed to wash their hands immediately.
- Please plan for at least 15-20 minutes for check-in. We ask for your patience during check-in to allow enough time for nurses to screen each participant.
- If a child requires medication, a medication consent form will need to be completed
- Every parent will be asked to place a clearly visible placard in their windshield that clearly denotes the first and last name(s) of the child(ren) they are picking up. AYS will provide this placard.
- Please call the program when you arrive and remain in your vehicle. Staff members will communicate children’s names to other staff members via radio based on the name(s) on each placard. A staff member will direct the child to wash his/her hands immediately prior to leaving the program, and will then escort them to the vehicle.
- A staff member will be stationed at the door during the key pick-up times of 4:30-6:30pm
- If a parent would like to discuss anything, we encourage them to set up a meeting (via phone) with the program manager
- We may need the cell phone numbers of anyone who is eligible to pick up a child in the event that a child is showing symptoms of illness and needs to be picked up immediately. In this event, we will move the child to a separate room and a parent or other authorized pick-up will be contacted immediately. We ask that all parents have an individual that can pick up the child within 30 minutes of AYS outreach.
- Regarding payments and schedule changes: advance payment is required. Payments are due by Friday for the upcoming week. We recommend setting up automatic payments.
- Schedule changes require minimum 48-hour notice.
- Please log in to your account to make payments or request schedule changes. We are unable to take any payment at the program location.
- Seats for this program are very limited. We ask that you please notify us if your child will not be attending so that we may open a spot for someone else.
What to Bring
- Each child is to bring a water bottle. Children will not be drinking from water fountains, but will have the opportunity to refill their personal water bottle. We ask that each child take their bottle home with them and bring a clean bottle each day. Other personal belongings are discouraged at this time. If a child brings other personal belongings, we do ask that they do not share those with other children. We will monitor to ensure other children are not encountering each other’s personal items.
- Children should bring any needed materials and devices to complete e-learning assignments, if applicable.
- Children should wear comfortable play clothes and tennis shoes. Please do not bring toys from home.
- Our parent handbooks for before- and after-school programs and summer camps include AYS policies and procedures and are located here.*
*Please note: Policies and procedures for this emergency program take precedence over any like information in the parent handbook.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak and constantly evolving guidance and information, please be on the lookout for communications from us indicating procedure changes.