Liftoff: Full Day E-Learning Support
Living in the midst of a worldwide pandemic comes with a host of challenges – not the least of which for parents and caregivers has been navigating a daily schedule while helping their kids complete their virtual schoolwork. With the announcements that some school districts will begin the school year virtually, we recognize that many parents are now in search of a safe environment where they can take their kids for e-learning support and enrichment.
AYS Liftoff is a full day e-learning support program that offers social and emotional support during school hours for children in grades K-6. Although our services have adapted to these changing times and will have a different look and feel for a while, one thing remains constant: we will always be here for you and your family, as we have been for the past 40 years. We will continue to do everything we can to provide safe, enriching programs for your kids while you focus on providing for your family.
Liftoff Locations (click below site-specific info)
What to Bring
Please send your child with the following items EVERY DAY:
- Personal E-Learning Device and Headset
- Print Out of Weekly Learning Schedule and Assignments (School-Age Only)
- Sack Lunch (AYS serves a morning and afternoon snack, but does not provide lunch)
- Child Must Be Wearing a Clean Mask or Face Covering Upon Arrival
- Empty Sealable Plastic Bag (with name on it) to Store Primary Mask/Face Covering
- One Additional Clean Mask or Face Covering in a Sealable Plastic Bag (with name on it)
- Water Bottle
- Medications (permission slips and instructions must be on file on site)
- Tennis Shoes (for playground and gym)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Optional: Sun visors, sunglasses, hat, rain gear, etc.
Please clearly label all items brought into the program with the child’s name. Site leaders may limit or ban items brought from home if they prove to be a disruption or cause a problem. AYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ARTICLES.
Activity Schedule (Click on location above for specific schedule)
6:30-7:30 Arrival/Independent Time
7:30-8:30 Morning Snack/Small Group Time (Depending on grade level)
8:00-11:30 Virtual Classroom Time
11:30-12:15 Lunch Break
12:15-12:45 Physical Activity
1:00-2:30 Recorded Classroom Time
2:30-3:30 AYS-Led Enrichment Programming – Writing, Art, Phonics, Science, Social Studies, Music
3:30-4:00 Physical Activity
4:00-4:45 Afternoon Snack/Small Group Time
4:45-6:00 Dismissal/Enrichment Activities – Outdoor Time, Physical Fitness, and Games
Students must arrive by no later than 7:30am in order to be best prepared for the e-learning environment. Please note: Drop-off and pick-up may take up to 20 minutes due to safety protocols. Transitions between activities include regular hand-washing and cleaning to ensure a healthy environment.
Program Goals for Students
- Complete coursework to keep on track with learning
- Engage with other kids to promote social and emotional development
- Get back into school-type schedule to help ease back into school when it reopens
- Learn through new and engaging experiences
- Increase physical fitness
- Have fun in a safe and healthy environment
AYS hires individuals to work at our programs who have experience and a passion for kids and enjoy being outdoors. All AYS staff members go through a drug test, TB test, and several criminal background checks. Staff has also been trained in health and safety protocols related the COVID-19 crisis. AYS staff members also receive training in First Aid, child development, conflict resolution, team building, and overall safety. Staff/child ratios are low to allow for a variety of small group activities. CPR-certified staff members are always on site.