Liftoff: Full Day E-Learning Support
Living in the midst of a worldwide pandemic comes with a host of challenges – not the least of which for parents and caregivers has been navigating a daily schedule while helping their kids complete their virtual schoolwork. With the announcements that some school districts will begin the school year virtually, we recognize that many parents are now in search of a safe environment where they can take their kids for e-learning support and enrichment.
AYS Liftoff is a full day e-learning support program that offers social and emotional support during school hours for children in grades K-6. Although our services have adapted to these changing times and will have a different look and feel for a while, one thing remains constant: we will always be here for you and your family, as we have been for the past 40 years. We will continue to do everything we can to provide safe, enriching programs for your kids while you focus on providing for your family.
Due to the nature of the virtual school environment, we are only able to offer Liftoff e-learning support programs exclusively for the below districts at this time. We will continue to work with other partners to determine possible solutions for other schools/districts. We appreciate your understanding.
Liftoff Locations (click below for site-specific info)
What to Bring
Please send your child with the following items EVERY DAY:
- Personal E-Learning Device and Headset
- Login Information (Username and Password)
- Print Out of Weekly Learning Schedule and Assignments
- Sack Lunch (Broad Ripple and John Strange locations only; lunch provided at School 106)
- Child Must Be Wearing a Clean Mask or Face Covering Upon Arrival
- Empty Sealable Plastic Bag (with name on it) to Store Primary Mask/Face Covering
- One Additional Clean Mask or Face Covering in a Sealable Plastic Bag (with name on it)
- Water Bottle
- Medications (permission slips and instructions must be on file on site)
- Tennis Shoes (for playground and gym)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Optional: Sun visors, sunglasses, hat, rain gear, etc.
Please clearly label all items brought into the program with the child’s name. Site leaders may limit or ban items brought from home if they prove to be a disruption or cause a problem. AYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR STOLEN ARTICLES.
Activity Schedule (Click on location above for specific schedule)
Each program consists of the following activities between 6:30am-6:00pm:
- Safety Protocol
- Independent Time
- Small Group Time (Depending on grade level)
- Morning Snack
- Virtual Classroom Time
- Lunch Break
- Physical Activity
- Virtual Classroom Time
- AYS-Led Enrichment Programming – Writing, Art, Phonics, Science, Social Studies, Music
- Afternoon Snack
- Enrichment Activities – Outdoor Time, Physical Fitness, and Games
Students must arrive by no later than 7:30am (John Strange)/8:30am (Broad Ripple) in order to be best prepared for the e-learning environment. Please note: Drop-off and pick-up may take up to 20 minutes due to safety protocols. Transitions between activities include regular hand-washing and cleaning to ensure a healthy environment.
Program Goals for Students
- Complete coursework to keep on track with learning
- Engage with other kids to promote social and emotional development
- Get back into school-type schedule to help ease back into school when it reopens
- Learn through new and engaging experiences
- Increase physical fitness
- Have fun in a safe and healthy environment
AYS hires individuals to work at our programs who have experience and a passion for kids and enjoy being outdoors. All AYS staff members go through a drug test, TB test, and several criminal background checks. Staff has also been trained in health and safety protocols related the COVID-19 crisis. AYS staff members also receive training in First Aid, child development, conflict resolution, team building, and overall safety. Staff/child ratios are low to allow for a variety of small group activities. CPR-certified staff members are always on site.