WHAT MAKES AYS SPECIAL?
AYS, Inc. (formerly At-Your-School Child Services) specializes in providing high-quality, educational and safe programs for children outside of school hours. Parents want to know their child will be safe, happy and cared for in their before- and after-school program, and AYS strives to go above and beyond these expectations. We believe in building a community together while honoring each child’s individuality. We are located in the school and work to provide a seamless transition between the school day and AYS time.
Schedules vary by program site, but a typical day at AYS might look like:
- Dismissal bell rings and school is out!
- AYS students walk down the hall to their classroom where they are greeted by AYS staff and attendance is recorded.
- Wash hands and have a snack while catching up with friends.
- Time for homework, reading or rest time.
- Physical activity: we love to play! Weather permitting, we’ll head outdoors or play in the gym. Sometimes we do both!
- Enrichment activity: we provide educational activity options based on IN Academic State Standards, as well as board games and social activities.
- More physical activity before parents arrive to sign their children out for the day.
…all in a warm and social environment that promotes community building by a team of trained and dedicated staff. Word-of-mouth spreads quickly among students and we have many programs that go on a wait list due to demand! We love watching children grow up in our AYS programs and often have students later return to volunteer and even work!
For the younger children, AYS provides early childhood in some locations. Our early childhood staff takes pride in the high-quality care we offer to your little ones. We understand the importance of preparing them for the years ahead while enjoying the fun of being a young child!
AYS Professional Development Center
AYS opened the Professional Development Center (PDC) in 1995 to provide training opportunities to its staff as well as the community. A wide variety of topics are offered, ranging from curriculum to safety to cultural awareness, as well as CPR and First Aid. During the summer months, all AYS staff attend an annual training conference to review policies and best practices, learn new curricula and share ideas before the start of the new school year. We are proud that AYS staff members each complete 20-40 hours of professional development training per year!