VOLUNTEER OPTIONS AT AYS
Do you have a special skill or interest that you would like to share with children? Or do you just enjoy working in a positive environment where children prosper? Become an AYS volunteer or mentor and make a difference in the lives of children in our community.
AYS volunteers and mentors can tutor, help with homework, lead games or read stories, just to name a few possibilities. AYS appeals to many volunteers, because we can offer a flexible schedule at various locations in Hamilton, Hendricks, Marion, Montgomery and Shelby counties.
Program Volunteers (must be 16 years old or older and volunteer eight or more hours per month)
- Complete our volunteer application form.
- When your application has been received and approved, you will be contacted by an AYS administrator with instructions on completing the following requirements (you are responsible for the cost of these tests/screens).
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Child Protection Index
- 10-digit Fingerprint Criminal Background Check
- Five-Panel Drug Screen
- IPS Special Consideration- If you would like to volunteer in an AYS program in an IPS school, you must also complete the IPS Request for Criminal History Information procedure.
Mentors (must be 14 years old or older and volunteer one to seven hours per month)
- Complete our mentor application form.
- When your application has been received and approved, applicants 18 years old or older will need to give AYS permission to run a limited criminal history check.
Contact the Human Resources Manager at (317) 283-3817 x135 or email@example.com.
Board Members, Committee Members & Special Event Volunteers
AYS also welcomes volunteers who are interested in serving through the board of directors, committees or special events. Contact the Director of Development & Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 283-3817 x118 for more information.