COVID-19 – Mask and Face Covering Policy
Mask and Face Covering Policy
Pursuant to Marion County Public Health Order 20-2020 and in support of the efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all AYS staff and other individuals in AYS program spaces (including children) must wear a mask or face covering over their nose and mouth when indoors, or when outdoors in a situation where adequate social distancing of at least 6 feet is not possible (including outdoor games, activities, or fire drills).
This requirement does not apply to:
- Children who are two years of age or younger
- Individuals who are hearing or speaking impaired and for whom a mask or face covering is an obstacle to communication
- Individuals who are unable to wear a mask or face covering for physical, medical, or health-related reasons
- Individuals who are alone in a room, such as in a private office
- Individuals who are traveling in their own vehicles
- Individuals for whom wearing a face mask or covering would present a risk to their safety due to a workplace hazard or other OSHA/building safety law requirements
To support the Marion County Public Health Order:
- All children are required to arrive at the program wearing a clean mask or face covering
- Each child will also need to bring:
- An empty sealable plastic bag with their name on it to store their primary face covering
- One additional clean mask or face covering in a sealable plastic bag with their name on it to use in the event their primary mask/face covering becomes dirty or is otherwise unusable
AYS will ensure any soiled cloth face coverings are returned home for washing. For additional useful information about the proper use and care of face coverings, click here.